Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Busy Wednesday

I got my Riley Blake fabric in the mail yesterday and threw them on to wash.  Today I madly went about ironing and piecing so I could finish my first January block. You can find the tutorial for Jenny's January HST block here:  http://incolororder.blogspot.com/2012/01/hst-block-of-month-january.html   I used the 6 inch square method which worked out quite well.  Here is my block (I can't wait for summer so I can photograph outside again):


Next up I got the binding on the front of my twister mini quilt and have it pinned to the back.  It is growing on me.


And lastly I am working on this I-Spy quilt in the evenings.  While I watch Top Chef tonight I am hoping to finish getting the binding hand-stitched.  I only have a small section left.  I have stitching in white on the white half but have decided to go back with some embroidery floss and add color to the designs over there.  I know that quilting is done pre-binding but figured since it is already quilted and I will be going over the same stitching it should be fine *cross your fingers for me*

0 comments:

Post a Comment