Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I am up to

The weather outside is terrible lately.  My poor husband shoveled the driveway this morning and came back to a fresh 4 more inches at lunchtime.  Despite the poor weather and very stir crazy children at home I have:

-Ordered my fabrics for the Half-Square Triangle Quilt Along!  I have a huge thing for Riley Blake Fabric hence the RB Promenade collection I ordered:


- Stitched binding onto a quilt I have been meaning to finish. Picture to come soon.
- Secured all of my Dresden Plates onto my background fabric with a zig zag stitch for my grandmother's quilt
- Continued to cut and piece tumblers.  I had it all set up to take a picture but my tiny tot decided to play with my tumblers. What can you do?
- Started playing around with my Twister tool...but oh dear! I am not sure about what I chose. It looked busy but playful at first.  Here it is partially cut.


But wow does it get really really busy when you twist the fabrics!


I have enough to try again...next time I think I will put a dark solid gray (and take out the gray fabrics I already have in there) to allow the pinwheels to stand a little more on their own and pop!  Right now I feel like  you can't really focus on anything. Live and learn right?  I think this will be fine as a little doll quilt when it is done.  The girls adore the colors.

I am hoping to post finishes soon and then start playing with my lovely solids stack! Does the weather affect your quilting mood or progress?

0 comments:

Post a Comment