Sunday, January 29, 2012

Solstice Star Blocks and WIP Art Quilt

I wasn't sure if I was going to try to do the Solstice Star Series posted over at Fresh Lemons.  She just started it this month and it isn't too many stars.  I kept peeking at the instructions and finally when she introduced the "Whirling Star" which is paper pieced I just knew I had to give it a try.  I really want to get good at paper piecing and Faith over at Fresh Lemons posts really good tutorials.  The first star The Ribbon Star has 4 different colors for each of the points...but I decided to go with just two.  Here is my Ribbon Star:


The second star - The Whirling Star I did in a pink colorway:


I guess I am thinking Valentines Day or Strawberry Shortcake. I also made more progress on my girl art quilt.  I made it from a kit I purchased from my friend Carrie over at Believe Magic.  She makes amazing art girl quilts and sells kits in her etsy shop so you can make your own.  I have most of it stitched in place but am trying to figure out if I like the rays of the sun, butterflies, and flowers, or want to do something different.  So she will probably sit a few days until I get things just right.


To be honest, I was being completely lazy...I didn't want to re-thread with black so I outlined in white. I think she also might need a little white collar for her dress.


What do you think?  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to finish this off?  Lastly, I got a nice early anniversary present from my husband!  He bought me this beautiful collection called "Annie's Farm Stand".  I don't have anything in mind for it yet, but I am so excited!  Isn't it just gorgeous (the image is from Sew Deerly Loved who sells this particular bundle)?


This week it is my goal to: stay up with the Solstice Stars Series, the Half Square Triangle Quilt Along, keep plugging away at the hand-stitching to finish the pink bordered I-Spy quilt, and to finish sewing the Kindle cover for my brother.  I hope you all have a wonderful week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment