Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday - New Beginnings and a Finish


I decided I am going to join in this Quilt-Along over at In Color Order.  Now I just have to choose my fabrics.  I am trying to decide if I am going to go with a collection of pre-cuts or just try to put together a few from my stash.


I also started another project to utilize my scraps.  I have been slowly cutting my scrap basket pieces into tiny tumblers in the evenings and even started piecing a few.  The leftover smaller cuttings I am cutting into a stack of 1 and 1/2 inch squares to make yet another scrap quilt from.  I will try to have progress pictures of the piecing soon.


Last but not least I decided just to make my evening star block into a pillow for my girl's.  I overstuffed it so that over time it would be just right.  It seems like pillows tend to get flatter over time especially when they belong to two little girls.  So Last night I finished that one up.  It was my first finish of the year!  YAY!  I really want to finish quilting and binding some quilts that have been piling up, but I have a sick little one I can't be too far away from right now.  Stomach bugs stink!  What are you all finishing up or working on?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that pillow. So clean, crisp and pretty. Oohh you make me want to quilt when I see stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete