Monday, January 2, 2012

Paper Piecing - New To Me

Kate over at Swim Bike Quilt posted a Summer Sampler series that included the "Evening Star".  This block right away struck me as something I just HAD to try!  After organizing fabric into scrap piles and cutting off and throwing away unusable excess I decided to give it a go to try to bust some of my scrap stash. Here is how it is going.  I am loving it...it isn't perfect...I still need to figure out how to get the triangles to line up better...but I love the look of it. Now the dilemma remains...do I leave it as a cute little wall hanging or do I just keep using my scraps to create something larger.  I am leaning towards larger though I was hoping to finish it quickly.  I really am in
desperate need of a trip to the fabric shop!  I am out of my usual solids and kona white...except scraps.  I helped my friend out right before Christmas donating about 5 yards of my nice kona white to help her finish her quilts.  Now I am stuck with a bunch of Dresden plates which need a home and well if I make this one larger I will need more for this project as well.  I read somewhere that not having a lot of finishes in the previous year will hopefully mean a whole lot more finishes in the next year.  I love that!  I am so adopting that.  This year will be the year of finishes for me.  I am going to finish and share a bunch of quilts I have been meaning to quilt or bind with you all this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment